Happy humpday lovelies! With summer right around the corner I've been on the hunt for some refreshing cocktails to sip on by the pool, on the patio, or pretty much any place really. I'm a big fan of sangria but the red sangria can be a little heavy for me (especially when it's super hot out) and sometimes I just want to switch it up from the regular white. I am definitely a rosé all day kinda girl so when I saw a recipe for rosé sangria I knew I had to try it out!
Rosé is the perfect mix of light, bubbly, semi-sweetness that I can enjoy glass after glass and it's pink. How can you not enjoy drinking something that's pink? And how can you make rosé even better? Ok, that was a trick question but the answer I was looking for was more booze, some yummy fruit and ice of course! This recipe is super easy to make, extremely delicious and will make you extremely popular among your friends... if you're willing to share that is!
- 1 cup sliced lime
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 bottle rosé
- 1 cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar or simple syrup (Optional. I usually skip this and opt for a tad sweeter rosé)
- Pour the rosé into a pitcher
- Add the Grand Marnier/Cointreau, fresh fruit and sparkling water
- Taste for sweetness, if it needs to be sweeter add in sugar/simple syrup
- Refrigerate the sangria for a few hours before serving
- Serve over ice
- Garnish with additional fruit if desired
On Wednesday's we drink pink ;)