Iconic Shoes That Never Go Out Of Style8/19/2015
Trends come and go, in fact it was Karl Lagerfeld once said "Trendy is the last stage before tacky" but true style lasts forever. I've gone back and forth between loving trends and wanting to buy pieces that are timeless but the one thing I prefer to buy that is timeless is shoes. I love a good pair of shoes but I'd rather spend a little more and get a great pair of shoes than spend less and get a pair that will be no longer in style in a year or two. Here are a few shoes you can buy any time of the year and know they'll still be in style 10 years down the road because they truly are timeless.
1. The Christian Louboutin Pigalle Pumps. Whether you go for the black or the nude, these pumps have been around for 11 years now and are still very much so in style and don't look like they'll be going away any time soon.
2. The classic Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. This sneaker has been around since 1917 and has only had minor changes made to it since then. The beauty of Chuck Taylors is that they go with anything. From jeans and t-shirts, to dresses and even wedding gowns, Chucks definitely aren't going any where any time soon.
3. The Valentino Rockstud Collection. I blame bloggers for this one! This collection was introduced in 2010 and now consists of pumps, flats, bags, sandals and even boots. Yup, you read that correctly. The Rockstud Chelsea boot is already predicted to be one of the must-have fall staples.
4. Hunter Rain Boots. Yup, you can never go wrong with a pair of Hunter wellies! No matter what color you choose they are sure to brighten up a rainy/snowy day. They're perfect for any season and look cute with any outfit. Hunter's have been around for 150 years so have no fear, these aren't going any where!
5. The Classic Ballet Flat. These are arguably the most classic and comfy shoe style. Everyone from Audrey Hepburn to Blair Waldorf have been spotted wearing the classic ballet flat. Even Princess Kate rocks them from time to time. You really can't got wrong with a classic ballet flat with any outfit, during any season!