June Birchbox Review6/18/2014
This is one of those month's that I get super excited to get my Birchbox then when I get it I'm not sure if I want to keep it or try one of the other beauty boxes out there. Lately I feel like a lot of the samples haven't been that great. I think this is the second or third month in a row I've gotten a shampoo sample and while I will admit that some are better than others I definitely feel like some of the samples aren't as great as they used to be. I'm going to give it another month or two and see how it goes. Oh and next month I'm actually going to take my own pictures instead of using the stock photos... sorry for my laziness there!
On to the actual product reviews now:
1. Davines Love Smoothing Kit - I was actually pleasantly surprised with this but I think it would probably be better on someone with thicker hair than I have. The scent is actually really pleasant and it left my hair feeling silky and smooth. My hair doesn't have a lot of frizz so I can't really say how well it fights frizz. I haven't tried the oil yet, mainly because I'm a little nervous with my hair already being fine and limp but I'll give it a try and see how it works on a day where I don't have to worry about how my hair looks!
2. English Laundry Signature for Her - This is a sweet and floraly scent but is a little too musky for me. The initial scent is a bit strong but it does fade a bit upon drying which makes it more bearable for me. It kind of reminds me of Viva La Juicy so if you like that scent you'll most likely like this one.
3. Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - I was actually super excited to get this in my Birchbox this month! I was in need of a new mascara and was about to go by a new one when I got my June box and here was this sample! The best part? It was a full sized sample! This was by far my favorite thing I received this month. This mascara is thinner than most mascaras I've used but I actually really like that. It glides on easily and doesn't clump and has a great rich black color. I've worn it twice without any other makeup on at all and still felt confident going out to run errands. I definitely would purchase this!
4. Perlier Body Cream Shea Almond - This was probably my second favorite thing in the box. I have naturally dry skin and most lotions are either too greasy or don't hydrate enough for me. This felt amazing on and really seemed to nourish my skin. The scent is absolutely amazing too. If you've ever smelt the original Jergens, this smells almost exactly like that but more natural. Definitely something I'd use again!
5. suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser - I'm always looking for a great exfoliator (at my age, who isn't?) so I was happy to try this out. It had a very clean, lemony scent and was pretty non-abrasive for a an exfoliant. The first time I tried it I wasn't so sure how I felt about it because I didn't feel like it was abrasive enough for me but my skin felt great after using it! It didn't feel as clean as I would have liked it to be after washing my face but my skin felt so soft and smooth after that I can deal with it! *UPDATE* Not so sure about this stuff any more... after a few days of using it I noticed my skin has broken out worse than it has in a long time and the only change in my skin care routine is this cleanser. The only other thing it could be is the stress from trying to plan the Jimmy Fallon taping stuff but I'm not so sure I'm too happy with this stuff any more!
What do you think? Have you ever tried any of these products and if so what did you think about them?