I definitely slacked this month on my Birchbox review. I think because I wasn't overly thrilled with everything I got (not that I'm surprised by that) so I put off doing a review. I will admit I've been regularly using one product but everything else.... eh. I've said this multiple times in the past but my laziness has gotten the best of me I've been trying to give them one last shot but it might be time to make the switch to Ipsy. It never hurts to switch it up a bit, right?
Aren't you proud of me? I finally took the time to take photos with my camera of all the things I got in this month's box instead of using stock photos! Usually I forget and end up using stock photos because I've already used the products by the time I write the post but this time I remembered and took pictures as I was taking everything out of the box. Score for me! *Update: That moment when you realize you FORGOT to upload said pictures you took for the blog post because you wanted to edit them and life got in the way.... yeah. That just happened. And I'm not even going to try to pretend like I didn't forget!*
1. Cynthia Rowley Creamy Lip Stain - This is the one product I was actually super excited about. I LOVE a good lip stain and this one has definitely proven to be a good one. The color, Valentine, is a gorgeous coral-y pink without being too bright. It goes on very like a gloss but stays like a stain. Unlike most stains, this one is very moisturizing which is great if you're like me and constantly use lip balms.
2. NAOBAY Body Radiance Lotion - I actually really like the smell of this lotion, it has a very light, almost citrus-y scent which is great for summer. It's a very thin lotion which I'm not sure I really like. I usually prefer thicker lotions but this isn't too bad to use after getting out of the shower. I definitely didn't think there was anything overly special about it compared to other lotions though.
3. Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil - I'm one of those people who must use an eyebrow pencil or my eye brows are non-existent. Not because of them being too light in color but they're super fine and thin (just like my hair). The color was a bit dark for my eyebrows but after some blending it worked out.
4. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - I was really excited to try this out because I LOVE peels but this one isn't like a normal peel and that's probably my biggest complain with it. With this one you put it on, let it set for 30 seconds then massage it in and wash it off. I think that extra step really threw me off (I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my beauty regimen) and made me not like it. I'll continue to give it a try until it's gone but I'm definitely not impressed so far.
5. 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel - This was ehhhh.... take it or leave it. It had a really nice scent which is always a good thing but it doesn't seem to lather very well. It's really thin but gentle but definitely not my favorite body wash I've ever tried. It's 100% all natural which is awesome but definitely not something I feel like I'll run out and buy.
Happy Friday lovelies! I'm not going to lie, I had every intention of taking today off from blogging since this week has been crazy ...
Posts on Sequins & Sea Breezes may contain affiliate links. This means that I could earn a commission from them. All of these items are ones that I would personally (or already have purchased) purchase myself. All opinions remain my own.