Happy Friday eve dolls! I am so ready for the weekend. Wednesday kicked my butt with horrible allergies so I'm beyond ready for a good night's sleep. Until then, it's that time again! Yup, I've said it countless times yet I still have yet to cancel my Birchbox subscription. Call me lazy, call me hopeful that I'll get something that will change my mind or call me skeptical that any other one is that much better but however you want to look at it... I'm still here at least for another month! However, I continue to be underwhelmed by the products I receive, especially since the trial sizes seem to be getting smaller so it's really hard to judge whether a product is that great based on a two or three day sample of it, but since I've been with them for so long it seems so pointless to leave now! I feel like as long as I'm trying the products I might as well review them for you so here you go!
1. Noir Cosmetics Long-Wear Eyeliner - I'm not going to lie, this was by far my favorite product I received this month! I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the eyeliner glided on and how long it stayed. I ended up wearing it Friday to work and it didn't need to be touched up all day (granted I wear a lighter makeup look to work) and then I reapplied and smudged it for going out Friday night. I definitely really liked this eyeliner and for the price I'd probably purchase it on my own. Sadly I think I lost it out Friday night so it looks like I might be purchasing soon!
2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner - This product is supposed to be more for clearing blackheads (which I don't have a problem with, I'm more of a deeper cystic type break out person) but it's also supposed to help clear our pores and I'm definitely a fan of any deep pore cleaner! The sample size is really small so I used sparingly but I'm definitely so/so on this product right now. I liked the way my skin felt after I washed the product off however I have noticed more breakouts since I used it. I don't want to blame this since it could be the below product as well but until I narrow down which of the two it is I'm skeptical.
3. Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer - This is another one of those products that it's really hard to say how much I liked it because the sample was so small. Upon first impression I liked the feel of it but was surprised it was a cream and not a serum. Not really sure why I expected it to be a serum but I did! A small amount seemed to go a long way which was really nice and it definitely seemed to help the application of my makeup. It's definitely hydrating without being greasy which is a must for me.
4. Juice Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture - I surprisingly loved this scent. It has a sweet, warm scent that isn't too light or too heavy. It definitely has a strong touch of amber (which is probably why I like it!) which is great for fall. I've noticed it doesn't seem to last all day, or I just get used to the scent after awhile but it's definitely nice right after applying. Probably not something I would buy since I have my regular go-to scents but I did enjoy the trial version for a few days and the bottle is tr és cute!
5. Chapstick Dual Ended Hydration Lock - Unfortunately I couldn't even review this product for you since I am allergic to something in most chapsticks (including EOS which I found out the hard way last week when I bought the new EOS to try out and my lips got swollen and red just in time for the weekend, yay) but I gave this to my friend to try and here are the "results": this Chapstick is lightweight but very moisturizing. Both ends felt the same so not much of a difference immediately there but definitely good for fall/winter when your lips get more chapped!
Have you tried any of these products? If so, what are you opinions of them?
Happy Friday lovelies! I'm not going to lie, I had every intention of taking today off from blogging since this week has been crazy ...
Posts on Sequins & Sea Breezes may contain affiliate links. This means that I could earn a commission from them. All of these items are ones that I would personally (or already have purchased) purchase myself. All opinions remain my own.