Happy Friday dolls! Ok, so technically it's the second blank page of a 365 page book but I loved this quote so much I had to share it! I can already feel that 2015 is going to be a good year! It's already starting off with a huge change for me, which I'll get into later. I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday break and got to enjoy spending time with their loved ones! Now it's time to link up with my bloggy love Amanda, for our Friday Favorites!
1. So a few weeks ago I hinted that I had some exciting news coming and here it is! As I've blogged about, I've had some up and downs in my life recently. Back in October I got laid off from my job. I have never been laid off or fired from a job in my life so this was pretty devastating for me, coupled with the fact my grandmother got diagnosed with cancer and my husband's grandmother died the same day I got let go I was not in a great place. Honestly, I wasn't overly happy at my job any way. The company hasn't made a profit and team morale was up and down like a roller coaster so it just made it difficult to look forward to going to work every day and if it wasn't for the friends I had made there I probably would have been looking seriously prior to being laid off. But enough with the back story... I am very excited to be starting a new journey in my life! I finally got a new job, which I start on Monday and I am also beyond ecstatic that my grandmother is currently cancer free and is on the mend! Unfortunately my new job might mean I need to take a bit of a break from the blogging world (or I might not be as responsive) but I promise if I go MIA I will return once I get back into a regular routine!
2. We're redoing our living room floors to this hardwood (no, that isn't my house... I wish!) and I can't wait! Our carpet is so cheap I'm so ready to get rid of it. I'm loving the rug in that picture too... I think I might need it when the floors are done!
3. I'm not redoing our stairs but this Pin makes me want to so I can get that stair runner! When we start looking for a new house I might need to make sure we have wood stairs so I can have an excuse to get it!
4. I'm kind of in love with this faux leather shift dress. And you can't beat the price on it! I've been looking for a cute faux leather shift dress and I think this might be the winner!
5. Since I'm starting my new job on Monday (eek!!) I've been searching Pinterest for office decorating ideas. I love the gold accessories for sure but I also love the idea of having pretty flowers on my desk too! My office doesn't have the greatest view so flowers and pretty accessories is a great way to liven it up some!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be enjoying it while preparing everything for Monday!
Happy Friday lovelies! I'm not going to lie, I had every intention of taking today off from blogging since this week has been crazy ...
Posts on Sequins & Sea Breezes may contain affiliate links. This means that I could earn a commission from them. All of these items are ones that I would personally (or already have purchased) purchase myself. All opinions remain my own.